BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Pool Maintenance Worker
Job ID: 2019340
Auxiliary Positions Available (2)
$34.99 to $41.31 per hour
Do you enjoy working in a service-oriented environment? At the City of Richmond, we all work together to deliver quality service. As a Pool Maintenance Worker you will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and rebuilding various mechanical and physical plant systems and various leisure play features and ensuring smooth operation of all systems. Additionally this role is responsible for:
- Operating, programming, troubleshooting and repairing computerized building automation systems and all related electronic sensors and controllers at the various aquatic facilities.
- Conducting preventative maintenance, general maintenance, cleaning and daily/emergency repairs performed on the following: building and pool mechanical systems; circulation pumps; filtration, plumbing, heating, chemical injection and stereo systems; pool chemistry; pool sanitization.
- Handling facility start up, shut down and mechanical winterization.
- Ensuring the lifespan of equipment is extended as a result of proper scheduled maintenance.
- Performing regular inspections to ensure that the various aquatic facilities are safe to use and to work in.
- Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by technical courses related to the work.
- A minimum of 2 years of sound related pool maintenance and repair experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Pool Operators Certificate (Level 1 and 2 required).
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada,” please submit your application by following the instructions below:
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For full details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID# 2019340, Pool Maintenance Worker is 11:59pm, on November 28, 2019
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.