BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Departmental Associate 5
Regular Full Time
Job ID: 2019331
$34.99 to $41.31 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Departmental Associate 5 to provide leadership and administrative support to the customer service functions as part of the Community Services division. We are looking for someone who has:
- Ability to provide efficient and effective leadership to customer service staff along with ability to provide administrative support.
- Ability to prepare, monitor, and interpret/analyze operational/divisional budgets.
- Ability to lead, mentor, delegate, coordinate and schedule the work of the customer service staff team.
- Ability to investigate, research, evaluate and develop solutions within Departmental and Divisional guidelines, including assessments of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to deal tactfully with issues and concerns that arise with staff or customers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including probing and active listening.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to a dynamic and diverse environment and retain focus on priorities and deadlines, adapting to changing priorities as required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and motivate yourself to work under minimal supervision with direct supervisor.
Completion of Grade 12 with additional post-secondary courses including accounting and budgeting, business writing office administration and advanced-level MS Office Software plus a minimum of four (4) years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably in a municipal environment, is required.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID 2019331, Departmental Associate 5 is 11:59pm, on November 29, 2019
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.