BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Parks and Recreation Technician I
6 month Temporary, Full-Time Position
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for the temporary, full-time Parks and Recreation Technician I position.
Reporting to the Manager of Parks and Recreation, the Parks and Recreation Technician I is part of a team which oversees the maintenance of parks, recreation facilities and open spaces within the City. This position is required to perform a combination of office and field work pertaining to municipal infrastructure maintenance, land development and municipal-led park, open space and recreation facility capital improvement projects. The Parks and Recreation Technician I responds to resident concerns regarding park, trail and boulevard issues. They may also assist the Senior Parks Technologist and Manager of Parks and Recreation in long-range parks planning, parks and open space design and development, project management and park policy development.
Ideal applicants will have the following:
- Certificate or Diploma in a Parks related field, or BC Trades Qualification in Landscape Horticulture, Arboriculture OR an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with arboriculture and Irrigation experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a field related to the work.
- Possession of a valid British Columbia Driver’s License.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Canadian Certified Playground Inspector Certification.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, IIABC Certified Irrigation Technician Level 1&2 - Landscape.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a BC Pesticide Applicators Certificate – Landscape General.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish successful relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders; and
- A high level of energy, initiative, adaptability and accountability.
The salary range offered for this temporary, full time position is $32.91 to $35.96 per hour, plus 13% in lieu of benefits and a modified 35 hour work week schedule. For further information, please refer to the job description on the City’s website: www.langford.ca.
Applications will be accepted in confidence until 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 21st, 2019, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Parks and Recreation Technician I” in the subject heading or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2nd Floor · 877 Goldstream Avenue · Langford, BC Canada · V9B 2X8
T · 250-478-7882 F · 250-478-7864