BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Maple Ridge
Bylaw & Licensing Services
$28.45 - $33.45 per hour
November 17, 2019
Do you have a “can do attitude”, excellent communication skills both written and spoken, excellent interpersonal skills, a team player and have exceptional customer service skills? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
We are currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for an regular part-time Parking Officer.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Enforcement of parking regulations by foot and vehicle patrol. Marks vehicles and issues tickets for parking infractions.
- Providing testimony in traffic court.
- Investigates complaints relative to illegal parking and provides information to the public
- Interprets by-laws, regulations and other applicable statutes
- Provides customer service by answering questing regarding By-law tickets.
A little bit about you:
- High school graduation and related experience in regulatory or enforcement work
- Justice Institute Bylaw Enforcement courses.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence valid in the Province of British Columbia.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deal tactfully, respectfully and effectively with a wide range of citizens and co-workers
- Experience and skill in maintaining composure when dealing with conflict and escalating behavior.
- Must be able to read maps and travel efficiently throughout the City to specific locations
- Have neat, legible handwriting, knowledge and the ability to use computer software programs
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Be available to work days, evenings and weekends on various shifts
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Bylaw Enforcement,Parking/Towing Services
Posted: November 6, 2019, 3:53 pm
Expires: November 17, 2019, 11:59 pm