BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Events and Film Liaison
The District of West Vancouver is seeking a permanent full-time Events and Film Liaison to join the Parks, Culture & Community Services department. This position will be responsible for facilitating special events and filming within the District.
This position requires the incumbent to:
- Review and evaluate special event proposals and filming applications; identify requirements, disruptions and risks to the public and the environment
- Liaise with event/film organizers and communicate special requirements and standards of conduct
- Ensure insurance and approval requirements are met; determine if additional staffing is required
- Lead the District’s Integrated Special Events and Film Team in coordinating the processing and approval of event proposals and filming applications
- Respond to applicants and public in a timely manner
- Inspect site preparations to confirm adherence to District requirements and authorize adjustments within defined limits
- Attend and monitor events and film shoots to ensure compliance with guidelines and permits; may be required to direct traffic and provide emergency first aid
- Prepare content for the District website; maintain and prepare records, statistics, correspondence, and reports
- Provide direction to one or more events staff and coordinate volunteer and clerical work
- Develop event plans for annual events such as Community Day and Canada Day
- Apply for grants and seek alternative sources of funding to support the District events, and
- Other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts; the ability to exercise independence of judgment, initiative, tact, and diplomacy; considerable knowledge of the policies, programs, bylaws, activities, and rules governing the work.
The successful candidate has a valid Emergency First Aid Certificate; Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia; diploma in a related discipline plus considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Union (WVMEA)– Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$32.26 to $37.98 per hour
11:59 p.m. Thursday, November 14, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.