BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Worker 3 (Youth Leader)
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
SALARY: $23.34 /hour +12% in lieu of all benefits
NO. OF POSITIONS: Up to 5
HOURS OF WORK: See Below*
The City of New Westminster requires dynamic and energetic auxiliary Youth Leaders with supervisory experience to work in the Youth Services Division of the Parks and Recreation Department. You will work closely with Neighborhood Youth Workers and Youth Center Supervisor, encouraging youth to be active in the community by working with youth in drop-in programs, out trips and special events.
- Completed courses in Community Recreation, Child and Youth Care, Social Services or a related field.
- Experience working with youth aged 11-18 in a recreation environment.
- Possess strong skills in conflict resolution and youth engagement
- Ability to handle diverse situations with youth from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience with centre supervision and centre open and close procedures
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to be an effective team player.
- Valid First Aid Level 1 certificate and valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License are assets.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Ability to work a minimum of 10 – 15 hours per week.
*The successful candidate must be available to work after school hours and some evenings and weekends as operationally required.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #19-143 by November 15, 2019, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.