BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Financial System Business Analyst
Finance & Technology – Financial Services
Hours of Work
Up to 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$42.10 – 47.73 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
Review of applications begins
This competition will remain open until the successful candidate is found
As a part of the Financial Services team, the incumbent is the functional specialist on the use of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system software, SAP. The incumbent focuses on reviewing, designing, updating and documenting financial business processes and reviews ERP system functions, processes and changes related to implementation of new financial systems functions and processes.
The anticipated length of this term assignment is approximately 8 months.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads small projects through all phases from planning through to maintenance and support.
- Analyzes and documents current financial business processes utilizing business modeling techniques to ensure consistent application and improve efficiency and outcomes.
- Collaborates with financial users to identify, analyze and recommend financial reporting requirements and works with IT to create/modify systems reports.
- Recommends improving financial systems processes by analyzing and documenting business needs and existing processes, gathering and defining requirements, detailed specifications and modeling (data flow diagrams, narratives).
- Supports the Finance department with upgrades, testing, and new financial systems implementation.
- Liaises with, advises and assists IT and other departments on financial control procedures and policies, business issues and processes.
- Develops detailed project plans and tracks progress.
- Participates in defining project scopes and objectives, in collaboration with IT, for financial systems updates ensuring stakeholders requirements will be met.
- Collaborates with departmental business groups to define business requirements and with IT to identify functional requirements in support of project implementations.
- Collaborates and participates in the development and testing of functional specifications related to financial system software.
- Participates in the implementation of new/changed processes and systems, user acceptance and testing and post implementation reviews.
- Recommends and contributes in the development of test plans and test scripts.
- Performs development, quality assurance and go-live functional testing.
- Prepares go-live training materials and documentation and creates new process documentation.
- Rolls out new financial systems implementations and assists new users with new financial systems functionalities.
- Coordinates and delivers project updates to stakeholders.
- Follows all CRD policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- CPA designation and a degree in related discipline and 6 years related experience in an ERP environment, 5 years of which must include experience designing, updating and/or implementing financial accounting systems. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures, financial systems and accounting operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems, local government financial reporting and the financial framework are required
- Understands business analysis methodologies to gather and analyze data and develop recommendations for moving forward
- Understands and identifies business implications of data system designs and the data requirements of user needs
- Ability to explain the capabilities and limitations of current financial data systems to financial colleagues and end users
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements
- Knowledge of change management processes and stakeholder consultation
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software
- Ability to plan, organize, and structure work and ability to coordinate work of those over whom one has no direct authority
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or individually with minimal supervision
- Ability to think innovatively and critically to assist in developing solutions
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: October 25, 2019, 11:50 am
Expires: November 25, 2019, 4:30 pm