BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Property Management Assistant
(Full Time Regular)
Tsawwassen First Nation (TFN) is a self-governing First Nation that delivers a wide range of community services, including all of those typically delivered by municipalities. The Lands Department is responsible for the delivery of all planning, development, and engineering related services. The Community is in the midst of a significant development program, which includes the development of commercial, industrial, and residential properties. Along with the review and approval of the engineering infrastructure to support this development, the Lands Department is also responsible for assuming the ongoing maintenance and management of the infrastructure.
TFN is seeking a qualified individual to join our Lands Department in the permanent full-time position of Property Management Assistant. The Lands Department seeks an individual with outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills to join their team. In this role you will be primarily responsible for providing support to the Director of Lands by maintaining the registry of lands records and providing administrative support to the Lands department.
The Property Management Assistant reports to the Director of Lands or the designate and must maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, Chief and Council, community members and the public.
- Rental of existing TFN houses including preparation of ads, dealing with rental inquires, tenant issues, assist with rent collection, maintenance requests and related financial records
- Agricultural Lease administration and assisting with revisions to lease documents required
- Liaise with BC Assessment Authority and LTS
- Transfers of leases and mortgages by leaseholders
- Dispositions of TFN land (lease, license of occupation, permits, rights of way)
- Assisting in developing rental policies and lease documents
- Other administrative duties as required by Director of Lands or the designate
- Back up for various lands permitting
- Assisting with contract penalties
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills; with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Minimum 50 wpm keyboarding skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently within a team environment
- Land administration or title search related experience, and knowledge of legal descriptions
- Experience using Tempest an asset
- Experience with BC Assessment Authority roles, preparation of property tax notices and lease documents for agricultural land and houses
- A diploma or degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Work is performed primarily indoors in an office environment, however at times will be required to visit fill sites and development areas. Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate office technology.
Competitive pay and a generous benefit package commensurate with qualifications including enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan.
Open until filled
If you are interested in a challenging opportunity with a leading edge progressive municipal type government, please forward your resume along with a cover letter by email to
Or mail/drop off to:
1926 Tsawwassen Drive
Tsawwassen, BC V4M 4G2
Pursuant to the Tsawwassen First Nation Government Employees Act, first priority in hiring among qualified applicants will be given to Tsawwassen Members, second priority to spouses (as defined in s. 3 (1) of the BC Family Law Act) of Tsawwassen Members, and third priority to members of other First Nations. If you fall within one of these categories and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate the applicable category in your cover letter.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Location: Delta, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Property Management
Posted: September 11, 2019, 11:42 am
Expires: October 11, 2019, 4:30 pm