BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Reports to: Administrative Treasurer
The Black Mountain Irrigation District (BMID) has an immediate opening for a Receptionist at their office at 285 Gray Road, Kelowna, BC.
This is a part-time time, permanent, unionized position, with compensation as outlined in the BMID/CUPE Local 338 Collective Agreement, set at $24.07 per hour. A comprehensive benefit package is offered once the 6 month probationary period has been completed.
This job posting closes September 27, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of the Administrative Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver it directly to the BMID office at 285 Gray Road, Kelowna, BC, V1X 1W8.
The Receptionist will perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks pertaining to the daily operation of the office. Under the direction of the Administrative Treasurer, the Receptionist is responsible for adhering to the District’s procedures, policies and bylaws.
Incumbents will be required to work independently and as part of the office team. Normal hours of work for this position are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, three days per week.
Please note that a Criminal Record Check will be performed.
A copy of the detailed Job Description is below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
BLACK MOUNTAIN IRRIGATION DISTRICT
285 Gray Road, Kelowna, BC V1X 1W8
Office: (250) 765-5169
Fax: (250) 765-0277
A Receptionist’s primary role is to greet and serve the District landowners and the public, and to provide clerical and administrative support to other staff.
- Provides counter reception service to customers, responds to general enquiries, investigates and resolves customer issues, refers other enquiries.
- Primary for answering telephones and responding to general mailbox email enquiries.
- Deals with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Utilizes various computer software systems (eg. Word, Excel, Outlook, Vadim, external data bases). Updates databases as required.
- Assists the Office Staff with various billing and office procedures, including processing of bill payments received at front counter and by mail. Assists with mail-outs during billing periods.
- Assists during Water Advisory events or water emergencies.
- Provides administrative support, including compiling of information required by other staff.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining departmental filing systems, including scanning and record management.
- Orders and maintains office stationary supplies.
- Assists with preparation of Board or Office Meetings as required.
- Assists with the organization of District events, such as the Annual General Meeting and Elections.
- Maintains the District Website.
- Cross trains to provide vacation and sick leave coverage for Office Clerks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information and sensitive matters.
- Experience: Previous clerical experience, with knowledge of office procedures. Basic accounting skills required.
- Computer Literacy – all Microsoft programs, experience with Vadim Municipal Software an asset
- Ability to clearly communicate with the public and other staff, conflict resolution skills
- Typing and Data Entry – 45 wpm / attention to detail
- Time Management
- Service Excellence
- Minimum Education: High School Graduation or equivalent
Location: Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: September 4, 2019, 9:41 am
Expires: September 27, 2019, 4:00 pm