BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Watch Clerk - RCMP
The City of Penticton's RCMP Detachment is in search of highly organized and energetic individuals for the position of Watch Clerk. The mission of the Penticton RCMP is to serve and protect the community, and work in partnership with the community to deliver a responsive and progressive police service. The RCMP promote respect for rights and freedoms, the law and democratic traditions, and treat all people equally and with respect in accordance with the RCMP's core values.
Reporting to the RCMP Operations Manager, the Watch Clerk provides support to the operational members and records section of the Penticton Detachment.
- Generates PRIME files as and when required.
- Enters/queries files in CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) as required.
- CPIC Validations.
- Call TakingFront Counter assistance.
- Completes statement transcription.
- Ability to work competently in PRIME, CPIC and JUSTIN is required, as well as, Microsoft Word and email.
- Proficient with switchboard, complaint taking and telephone reporting in an RCMP environment.
- Ability to transcribe statements at a minimum speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Able to consistently produce precise work with superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required as the R.C.M.P. is a team based environment.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of hours. This position may involve 10 hour shifts on a rotating basis (2 day shifts, followed by 2 night shifts).
- Ability to obtain and maintain R.C.M.P. Enhanced Security Clearance is a condition of employment.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by August 29, 2019.
Position type: Full-time Permanent (35 hours per week)
Wage: $25.76 - $28.62 per hour (Pay Grade 6, CUPE)
Benefits: Attractive benefits, vacation and pension package
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: August 15, 2019, 12:25 pm
Expires: August 29, 2019, 4:30 pm