BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community they serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC in the heart of the scenic Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake, the natural beauty of the surrounding hillsides and the fragrant orchards and vineyards continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.
Fleet Mechanic PTThe Engineering Services Department has an opening for the part-time position of Fleet Mechanic. Reporting to the Asset Management Analyst, this position requires you to perform skilled mechanical repair and maintenance work on a variety of Regional District equipment, with a particular focus on Emergency Vehicle Fleet.
- Diagnose, repair and replace all non-emergency fleet vehicles as well as a variety of other equipment.
- Maintain the RDCO Fleet Preventative Maintenance Program. Certify fleet under provincial legislation.
- Document all inspections and repairs performed and maintain files on each vehicle in the fleet.
- Support the Emergency Vehicle Mechanic by diagnosing, repairing and certifying to follow Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommendations.
- Perform all work in accordance with current manufacturer’s specifications.
- Supply and maintain own mechanic hand tools.
The successful candidate must be a Truck and Transport Mechanic Journeyman with Red Seal Certification, and maintain Private/Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certification, Air Brake Endorsement, Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification, and a Pleasure Craft Operators Certificate is desirable. Five years varied experience in mechanical repair work and fleet maintenance programs, and knowledge of techniques, tools, and safety precautions is required. A valid class 3 BC Driver’s License is mandatory.
This is a part-time position (24 hours/week) to commence immediately. We offer a salary of $34.80 per hour along with highly competitive benefits, vacation and pension package.
Qualified persons are requested to submit their resume quoting Competition No. 1929 by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 21 , 2019, to:
Manager of Human Resources, Human Resources Department
Regional District of Central Okanagan
1450 KLO Road, Kelowna, B.C. V1W 3Z4
We thank all candidates for their interest - only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Mechanics & Vehicle Maintenance,Fleet & Driver Services/Management
Posted: August 12, 2019, 10:46 am
Expires: August 21, 2019, 4:00 pm