BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan)
Assistant Custodial Manager - Operations
The Central Okanagan Public Schools Board of Education is seeking an experienced Assistant Custodial Manager to assist the Custodial Manger in overseeing the custodial program services for the entire District and in directing custodial staff to ensure that appropriate cleaning standards are maintained.
The Central Okanagan Public School District is a growing, progressive and dynamic school district offering a wide range of educational opportunities for more than 24,000 learners from Kindergarten to Grade 12. It has an excellent reputation of providing outstanding, student-centered, programs in a diverse and inclusive environment. The School District has almost 3,000 employees, 43 schools, a $265 million operating budget, as well as many major and minor capital projects.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Monitoring level of cleanliness by conducting daily quality inspections at schools and facilities in the afternoon, between 3 pm and 8 pm.
- Providing assistance with maintaining and improving the efficiency of allotment of the cleaning areas.
- Monitoring service levels and allocating staff as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant WorkSafe BC regulations and that a safe environment is maintained for students, staff and public.
- Assisting with creating and updating Safe Work Operating Procedures.
- Ensuring proper reporting of workplace injuries and proper corrective actions are taken following workplace accidents.
- Providing appropriate training to staff in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulations and codes.
- Maintaining proper inventory of material, supplies and equipment and drafting equipment replacement plan.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the custodial department operating budget.
- Ensuring proper follow-ups regarding custodial services complaints.
- Participating as a member of the Custodial Advisory Committee.
- Assisting Custodial Manager with recruiting new staff members and filling internal postings.
- Assisting with human resources related matters such as employee misconduct, performance management, wellness support, gradual return to work activities and duty to accommodate request.
- Preparing meetings, minutes, memos and newsletters.
- Replaces Custodial Manager during absences.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Custodial Manager.
The successful applicant will have:
- A post-secondary diploma in a related field and/or its equivalent combined with a recognized Building Service Worker program credential and course.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related experience in custodial services or a related field required with a minimum of one year experience managing staff.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.(Business use of personal vehicle will be required).
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required. Strong computer proficiency required.
- Ability to effectively utilize Windows computers including word processing, spreadsheets, database and communications software.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, school and maintenance staff, consultants, city inspectors and others.
- Able to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to submit an online application at https://bit.ly/2ZLHS0p with cover letter and resume, outlining relevant background and work experience, and three professional references by 4:00 pm PST on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
685 Dease Road
Kelowna, BC V1X 4A4
Location: Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Janitorial/Custodial Services,Facilities Maintenance
Posted: August 12, 2019, 9:58 am
Expires: September 3, 2019, 4:00 pm