BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Labourer (Roads Department)
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The District of West Vancouver’s Roads Department is currently looking for enthusiastic and hard-working temporary full-time Labourers to join our team. The successful candidates will perform a variety of tasks including:
- Assisting in the sign shop
- Assessing, repairing, and installing road signage
- Performing a variety of tasks in the maintenance of road operation
- Cleaning trucks and equipment as needed
- Maintaining equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Operating basic hand and power tools, such as weed eaters, pole pruners, chain saws, and plate tampers.
- Completing daily maintenance logs and records, including some computer related work
- Providing manual labourer assistance on various tasks and assignments
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality
- Work outdoors in a physically demanding role in all types of weather conditions
Any of the following credentials is considered an asset but is not mandatory:
- Previous experience or training in sign making assistance, installation preferred; general landscape maintenance, snow plowing, working on a blacktop crew and working in and around traffic.
The candidate must hold a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License. Candidates will be asked to provide a Driver’s Abstract directly from ICBC.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Union (WVMEA) – Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week. Hours and days of work may vary.
Rate of Pay:
$25.86 - $29.03 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Saturday, August 31, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.