BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies
Reposted (June 20 - 30, 2019)
The City of Port Moody is looking for enthusiastic, hard working individuals to provide labour assistance and perform basic maintenance work including operating a variety of small equipment / trucks and related construction duties, as well as emergency work, while following operational and safety procedures. Candidates who have already applied on this posting number need not re-apply - your application is still under consideration.
This is routine manual work entailing considerable physical effort and agility in the safe performance of a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs such as maintenance and construction of roads, pavements, sewers, waterworks and parks. The Labourer will drive and operate a variety of equipment while performing tasks such as grass cutting, installing signs, compacting materials, cutting pipe and litter collection. This position also assists with emergency maintenance and repairs. These positions may also support the Solid Waste department for general labouring duties and potentially as back-up Solid Waste Relief Drivers as required.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your application online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 education plus a minimum of six months job-related experience including:
- Experience using a various types of machinery on construction and landscape sites
- Experience in the maintenance and construction of roads, sewers, waterworks and parks
- Experience with traffic control, snow removal, flood control and other emergency response
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment safely and efficiently
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 3 Driver's License with Air Endorsement is an asset
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
$27.45 - $29.54
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Public Works & Operations
Posted: August 8, 2019, 10:47 am
Expires: September 7, 2019, 11:59 pm