BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Program Instructors - Seniors Outreach
REVISED CLOSING DATE
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The West Vancouver Seniors’ Outreach Department is currently seeking casual Program Instructors to join our highly qualified team. We are looking for motivated, creative, energetic, individuals with a passion for working with Seniors’ in our community. Reporting to the Outreach Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- creating engaging programs for seniors
- promoting healthy lifestyle choices and independence for seniors
The preferred candidate will possess:
- excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- the ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision
- a clear understanding of dementia and other barriers to participation in programs
- the ability to effectively and efficiently execute responsibilities in a caring and supportive manner,
- the ability to perform other related duties as required
The successful candidate will possess Standard First Aid and CPR-C qualifications. An educational background in recreation and gerontology is preferred but not mandatory The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Non-Union - Casual
Hours of Work:
Hours and days of work may vary
Rate of Pay:
$19.00 – 22.00 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Monday, September 30, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.