BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Recreation Attendant 1 - Arenas
Competition No.: 2019-RA1
Salary: $18.54 + 12% in lieu of benefits
Last Updated: 7/11/19 10:10 AM
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
Bill Copeland Sports Centre and Kensington Complex Arena Services are looking for individuals who are committed to working with children and families to deliver first-class skating opportunities for our community. Our staff team is welcoming applications for Recreation Attendant 1 (Skate Shop and Skate Patrol) positions for the September to March Ice Season.
This role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of duties related to arena programs
- Maintain a fun and safe environment on the ice while supervising public skating sessions
- Ensuring the adherence to area rules and regulations by participants
- Maintain the cleanliness of the skate shop and facility and performing basic equipment maintenance/repairs
- Providing support to team members as well as excellent customer service and communication skills
- Sharpen skates and perform other related work as required
The qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of Grade 10 high school education
- Strong personal skating skills
- High Five Training and First Aid Training courses are an asset
- You must have your own skates and a CSA-approved hockey or snow sports helmet
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Previous experience skate sharpening is an asset
You must be available to work a variety of shifts Monday to Sunday between 8:00AM to 9:30PM
Selected candidates will be required to attend an on-ice evaluation session.
This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.Apply to this position
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit us at www.burnaby.ca