BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Coordinator, Building Inspections
Regular Full Time
Job ID: 2019169
$46.78 to $55.36 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full Time Coordinator, Building Inspections position to join our Building Approvals team. The Coordinator, Building Inspections reports to the Manager of Inspections and assists the Manager in the coordination of service delivery of building inspections and related activities, during all phases of construction for all building types, to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and bylaws. The position coordinates the day-to-day activity of the Building Inspections team, through daily monitoring of processes, providing routine evaluations with recommendations for improving procedures and referring any complex matters to the Manager.
Examples of key work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Occupational Health and Safety procedures are understood and practiced by the team.
- Ensuring daily team capacity is available to meet inspection demands and established service levels.
- Providing team and individual guidance to fulfill operating objectives, consistency of services, and fair application of regulatory requirements.
- Assisting technical and administrative staff with complex or problematic inspections and/or processes.
- Reviewing building plans and specifications, and provide technical information and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts, including response to public and contractor inquiries and complaints.
- Facilitating discussions and meetings with a variety of stakeholders, including designers, contractors, developers, members of the public, other regulators, and various other city staff and departments.
- Complex matters are referred to the Manager of Inspections.
- Diploma of Building Engineering Technology (or similar Applied Science, Technologist or Engineering), plus over 8 years of related experience;
- Certification or eligibility for certification with the Building Officials Association of British Columbia (preference granted to RBO - Level 3 certification)
- Experience working in a municipal and/or service orientated regulatory environment is considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). This position is open until filled.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.