BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Corporate Compliance AnalystRequisition ID: 13879
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Corporate Compliance Analyst will support the Corporate Compliance Manager in the design, implementation and management of the Corporate Compliance Program for the City of Vancouver. The Compliance program and resulting framework will form a critical part of the City’s best practice approach for Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC). The Compliance Program will maintain a strong linkage with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program as an integrated approach to business risk evaluation and mitigation.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Corporate Compliance Manager, the Corporate Compliance Analyst will support in the development of a best practice Compliance program and work across diverse regulatory compliance areas to ensure the City of Vancouver complies with all statutory, regulatory and policy requirements.
The Corporate Compliance Analyst will support the Corporate Compliance Manager to ensure Compliance Risks are identified and resolved through a risk based priority. The Analyst will work with Directors and business unit liaisons across the City’s business units.
- Assists in building a Corporate Compliance Program including managing the compliance process, related framework, polices, systems and tools
- Support the departmental Compliance program in close coordination with the Chief Risk Officer, Corporate Compliance Manager, the Departmental Directors and the City’s departments risk liaisons
- Supports Department’s contacts with compliance initiatives as identified by the Corporate Compliance Plan
- Assist in the development and be accountable for the management of an appropriate document management system to create an official set of compliance records, including compliance metrics, using the best practice approach
- Support the Corporate Compliance Manager, by researching best practice training and developing presentations in the engagement and provision of compliance training. Deliver corporate compliance presentations, workshops and training
- Manage the development of a program for timely reviews within regulatory and compliance program timeframes
- Handles compliance queries, follow-up and ensure resolution in a timely manner with Department Directors and Risk liaisons.
- Critiques the responses and follow-ups to resolutions
- Proactively identify violations in consultation with the Corporate Compliance Manager
- Identifies and reports violations to be reported to the Risk Management Committee
- Building relationships across the City departments at leadership and staff levels including motivating other departments to action
- Acting as a point of contact for all departments on all compliance-related issue management
- Assisting in developing future staffing plans for corporate compliance within the Risk Office and across the City of Vancouver departments
- Provide input on corporate compliance to the Corporate Compliance Manager regarding the Internal Audit process, Risk Management department, Legal Department and to Risk Management Committee
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, or business or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Proven track record of strong administration and leadership in a complex multi stakeholder environments with 5 years of relevant experience in compliance, risk management, or law
- Significant experience in handling Regulatory responsibilities for a large, complex organization
- Ability to assess and prioritize issues based on a risk management model
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) and Audits processes in large complex organizations
- Understanding impact of decisions on stakeholders in a complex working environment
- Strong analytical skills and good judgement
- Experience in developing and implementing new processes and systems (including IT systems)
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and in a team environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to build excellent working relationships across department’s and business unit’s
- Results oriented and innovative
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
- Strong ethics and high level of integrity
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to continuously upgrade skills and keep informed of compliance and regulatory changes and policy updates
- Experience in developing and running workshops
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Business Plan (1150)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: September 2019
Position End Date: September 2020
Application Close: July 23, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Business Analysis/Services
Posted: July 11, 2019, 11:19 am
Expires: July 23, 2019, 11:59 pm