BC Local Government Job Posting Service
District of Wells
Economic Development Officer
The District of Wells is seeking a talented and creative individual to fill the position of Economic Development Officer in the beautiful Wells, Barkerville, Bowron Lakes area. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and/or Corporate Officer this key position will play a vital role in the marketing and economic development of the District of Wells and surrounding region.
- Implement the economic development components of the Community's Strategic Plan
- Promote the Wells, Barkerville, Bowron Lakes area using a variety of media including the design and development of print and electronic ads.
- Manage and/or undertake the research and preparation of grant proposals. Undertake tourism and business development initiatives.
- Organize and facilitate local cooperative marketing ventures.
- Market the use of municipal facilities.
- Provide supporting services to local non-profit organizations as needed.
- Represent the interests of the Wells, Barkerville, Bowron Lakes area in tourism and Economic Development organizations. Manage, update and maintain District websites. (Including but not limited to Social Media accounts) As well as, manage the monthly WellSpring Community newsletter.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of the Wells, Barkerville, Bowron Lakes region.
- Relevant Post Secondary Diploma or Degree and/or equivalent municipal experience in an economic development position.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office, Website development and desktop publishing software.
- Experience in writing successful grant proposals. Experience in making presentations and interacting with the public and the media. Experience in event and project management
- Knowledge of local trails network and forest lands
- Driver's License, vehicle and willingness to travel outside the community as necessary.
This position is funded by an annual grant from the Northern Development Initiative Trust and is subject to funding availability.
Closing Date and Time: 4:00PM– Friday August 16th, 2019
Send resume to: Donna Forseille, CAO email@example.com
Location: Wells, BC
Region: North Central / Cariboo
Professional Categories: Economic Development
Posted: July 11, 2019, 11:00 am
Expires: August 16, 2019, 4:00 pm