BC Local Government Job Posting Service
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Trades 2 Mechanic
Our Engineering Operations Department has an opening for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a full time Trades 2 Mechanic. This is skilled mechanical work at the journeyman level in the repair, overhaul, and maintenance of automotive and heavy-duty City equipment. An employee of this class exercises considerable independence of judgment and action in effecting the necessary repairs, overhauls and preventative maintenance duties.
We are looking for individuals with the following education, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the automotive, commercial transport, and heavy-duty mechanical trade.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to perform a variety of complex, skilled mechanical tasks in the overhaul, repair, maintenance, fabrication, and adjustment of a wide variety of automotive and heavy-duty construction, maintenance, and related equipment.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions and work from diagrams, drawings, and sketches.
- Ability to assist a supervisor in the effective operation of the shop.
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by technical courses related to the work. Completion of a recognized apprenticeship to the trade and considerable related experience.
A Journey Certificate in Heavy-Duty Mechanics, Commercial Transport and/or Automotive Repair, a Commercial Vehicle Inspection License and a minimum Class 3 Driver’s License for the Province of B.C. with Air Brake Endorsement are required. Preference may be given to individuals who hold an EVT, Propane and alternate fuels, Air conditioning, Wheel and tire installer and/or a First aid certification.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary ($37.59 per hour plus premiums); and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment to competition number 19-107 EX by August 9, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2