BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Cranbrook
Human Resources Advisor
The City of Cranbrook is located in the southeast corner of British Columbia amongst the majestic Rockies and Purcell mountains, in close proximity to Alberta and the Canada/USA border. With a population of approximately 20,000, Cranbrook is the largest community in the East Kootenay with a trading base of approximately 70,000. Cranbrook provides an inviting lifestyle in a beautiful setting that has made our City a welcoming and growing place in which to live, work and play.
The Human Resources Advisor provides leadership and support in all aspects of Human Resources, including recruitment, benefits administration, labour relations, training and career development, and workforce planning.
As part of the Human Resources team, the ideal candidate is driven, self-motivated, and a holistic thinker. The ideal candidate will be able to step in during a time of transformational culture shift to a learning organization. The individual must be comfortable with:
- Collecting HR related data from multiple internal and external sources and using this data to develop meaningful reports
- Getting up to speed quickly on all aspects of HR
- Ensuring confidentiality and privacy of HR and City matters
- Adapting accordingly in a constantly changing environment
Education, Training: University Degree; College Diploma in a related field; CPHR and Change Management Certification are highly desirable.
Experience: 2 – 3 years’ HR and/or Change Management experience desired.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation as it pertains to the BC Labour Relations Code, and Workers Compensation Act
- Knowledge of relevant provincial employment legislation such as the Employment Standards Act (2000), Occupational Health and Safety, and Human Rights
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentational
- Proficient interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and team building
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Must provide a clear Criminal Record Check
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (submissions in Word or PDF format only), or by mail to:
Human Resources – HR Advisor Posting #19-041
City of Cranbrook
40-10th Avenue South Cranbrook, BC V1C 2M8
The deadline for submissions is 4:00PM local time on Friday, July 26, 2019.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying to this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Cranbrook, BC
Region: East Kootenay / Rocky Mountain
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: July 10, 2019, 1:55 pm
Expires: July 26, 2019, 4:00 pm