BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Technical Support Specialist 2 – RCMP Support Services
Regular Full Time
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Technical Support Specialist 2 works under general direction to build, test, maintain & support, and operate associated technology. This role comprises of tasks such as completion of Service requests and incidents within specified time periods, 1st and 2nd level Client Support, investigate, assess and resolve software, hardware and communication problems on networked computers, printers, and AV/conferencing; isolate and resolve performance issues, build, re-image, upgrade, or replace desktop hardware, software, and peripheral; develop documentation and reports, coordinate formalized change control, educating and evangelizing best practices, as well as related functions as required.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- an understanding of Windows Desktop operating systems, common desktop applications, frameworks and components.
- an understanding of Windows Server core functions like Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, and DNS; an understanding of IP addressing.
- the ability to deliver a great and repeatable customer service experience.
- technical problem solving, and root cause analysis.
- the ability to produce and maintain technical, peer, and end user documentation.
- the ability to improve operational processes and technical configurations.
- the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, coordinate with customers and teams, manage expectations.
- the ability to stay current with industry trends and technologies, an aptitude for learning.
- The successful candidate will be able to complete work assignments and react to situations and problems by taking action and balancing priorities, consult and collaborate with others as required, provide advice and guidance to clients in a proactive manner and use resources responsibly.
- The successful candidate will have a diploma in a directly related field from a recognized institution, plus 4 years of directly related experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 2 years of directly related experience; or Technical courses in the field plus 6 years of directly related experience.Experience must include at least one year at the Technical Support Specialist 1 level or acceptable equivalent.
- Obtain and maintain the relevant level of security clearance throughout employment with the Surrey RCMP.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology,Police Services
Posted: July 9, 2019, 11:46 am
Expires: August 9, 2019, 4:30 pm