BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Planning Technician I
This is a technical position responsible for primary counter coverage in the Community Planning and Building Department. The incumbent performs a wide variety of technical duties including assisting the department and is responsible for applying specialized knowledge and data to the planning, zoning and subdivision functions of the municipality and answers basic zoning and land use and other planning and building counter enquiries. The Planning Technician I will coordinate the intake and related processing of building permits, record keeping, filing, report writing, development variance permit applications, general correspondence, photocopying, survey plan retrieval, street numbering, computerized mapping, and research. The Planning Technician I is required to be familiar with land use bylaws, the BC Building Code and development processes in order to respond to basic regulatory enquiries. The incumbent is required to maintain confidences in all matters of a controversial and confidential nature relating to policy formulation, and planning studies and/or other similar matters.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in local government setting with at least 1 year within a planning department.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office Suite [Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint], AutoCAD, GIS, Tempest.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by computer courses.
- Technical diploma in urban planning, civil engineering, architectural or building technology, plus 3 years’ experience in a municipal setting; or equivalent combination of training and experience as a technician or zoning enquiry clerk in a municipal Planning Department.
- Possession of a valid BC Drivers Licence and good driving record.
(See attached Job Description for full details)
SALARY AND HOURS OF WORK:
This is a unionized position. The salary is $34.16 per hour (January 1, 2019 rate) based on a 35 hour work week in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with reference to competition #19-25 in the subject line by 4:00 pm on Friday, August 2, 2019.
Thank you to all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
City of Parksville | 100 Jensen Avenue East | P O Box 1390, Parksville, BC V9P 2H3
Phone 250 248-6144 | Fax 250 248-6650 | www.parksville.ca
Location: Parksville, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: July 9, 2019, 11:36 am
Expires: August 2, 2019, 4:00 pm