BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Town of Gibsons
Capital Project Coordinator
The Town of Gibsons has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to fill the position of Capital Project Coordinator.
Located on the Sunshine Coast, 40 minutes by ferry from Horseshoe Bay, the Town of Gibsons is a vibrant growing community of 4,200 residents. Gibsons is known for its natural beauty, small craft harbour, coastal climate and the numerous special events that are held throughout the year for locals and visitors. Boating, fishing, hiking, camping, mountain biking, paddling and sunset beach walks are just some of the activities that are enjoyed daily by residents of Gibsons and our neighbouring coastal communities. Your family will enjoy living here and your friends will want to visit often.
The Capital Project Coordinator position plays an integral role within the Engineering team and includes overseeing the completion of work being conducted as a condition of a subdivision or building permit approval. Coordinating and overseeing the design, tender and construction of capital projects related to Town transportation, water, sanitary sewer, drainage, and related infrastructure, as well as other strategic capital projects. Performing a range of engineering and project management work including design review, document preparation, specifications, contract administration, budgetary oversight, cost estimates, scheduling, project analyses, inspections, and reporting. Providing general technical support to the Director of Infrastructure Services and other municipal departments.
- A diploma from a recognized technical institute as a Civil Engineering Technologist.
- Accredited or eligible for certification as an Applied Science Technologist in the field of Civil Engineering Technology.
- Ability to interpret and apply standard engineering guidelines such as technical manuals, codes and regulations, contracting policies, safety regulations, and Town bylaws and policies.
- Five Year’s previous experience in civil contract administration, project management, and public works inspection.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a complex series of project components to meet multiple time-based deliverables requiring a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Sound written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including letters, report writing, and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with internal and external contacts and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to use sound judgment to resolve unusual or problem situations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Completion of courses in project management, contract administration, and public works inspection.
Rate of pay – $35.48/hr
The above is a synopsis of the job requirements; a full job description is available on the Town of Gibsons Website.
Interested applicants should provide an outline of their qualifications in writing by 4:30 p.m., Friday, July 26, 2019 and submit it to:
Town of Gibsons
474 South Fletcher Road PO Box 340
Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
Location: Gibsons, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Project Management
Posted: July 9, 2019, 10:02 am
Expires: July 26, 2019, 4:30 pm