BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
Manager, Facilities Planning
Are you an experienced technical and people leader? Do you garner significant results in facilities planning, project budgeting and project delivery? If so, consider bringing your long-term strategic thinking skills and strong ability to drive capital projects to Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools.
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Operations, the Manager, Facilities Planning will provide strategic advice to the Senior Management Team, deliver operational implementation and integrity to the District’s capital programs and provide facilities planning expertise to support the District’s 27 elementary schools and 9 secondary schools. Centrally located on beautiful Vancouver Island, you will find Nanaimo to be a community focused, affordable and growing urban center with many amenities, stunning ocean and mountain views and endless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
As the Manager, Facilities Planning, you will:
- Lead capital programs and projects effectively balancing budgets, quality and schedules.
- Provide advice on project procurement and delivery strategies.
- Provide direction to architects, engineers, school-based building committees and other stakeholders regarding the design, tender and construction of new facilities, additions and/or renovations.
- Manage and provide leadership to facilities staff, liaise with senior administration and district managers with respect to work you and your staff design to be performed by departmental unionized staff.
- Prepare and administer construction contracts and consulting agreements. Ensure adherences to terms and conditions, while managing budgets and project intent.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of public sector planning strategies, as well as internal controls and systems associated with effective infrastructure management.
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines involved in K-12 sector or related facilities planning
- High level of understanding of Information Technology including, experience with AUTOCAD, and planning specific software
- Demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate program and project budgets, specifications and drawings, tender documents and tenders as well as supervise construction contracts
Interpersonal, Analytical and Leadership Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and management skills in the Facilities Planning discipline
- Well-developed analytical and decision making skills and the ability to think and work independently in a confident manner
- Ability to formulate long range strategic plans, implement programs, provide strong people leadership to complete complex tasks, manage competing priorities and employ a high level of issues management skills to resolve differences and meet desired project outcomes
Technologist Diploma, relevant education and/or combination of education and experience
This is an exempt, permanent, full-time position that offers a competitive salary and benefits
Please apply on line at http://bit.ly/2YPT1gx
Go to Makeafuture.ca, create a profile, upload your documents including a cover letter, a detailed personal résumé, contact information for three references. To submit your application to the job posting please click the “APPLY” button.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
If you have any questions or require assistance with this application process, please contact the Customer Care department at Makeafuture @ 1 866 806 6851 or email@example.com