BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Senior Development Technologist(Full Time)
Reporting to the Land Development Manager you will: Assist management in the efficient operation in the Department through reliable performance in all areas of land development and servicing work. As a senior technologist, the incumbent will be responsible for observing and complying with municipal policies, ensuring the safety and security of confidential material pertaining to the Department’s operation.
The work includes the following activities:
- Reviewing land development civil engineering plans;
- Reviewing geotechnical and environmental reports;
- Investigating and reporting on technical problems in servicing of drainage, roads and utilities;
- Carrying out the final inspection of subdivision servicing;
- Monitoring warranty work requirements during the one-year guarantee period;
- Inspecting and making recommendations with respect to subdivision servicing;
- Performing on-site inspections to ensure servicing complies with approved specifications;
- Preparing cost estimates and coordinating all sales and service work orders;
- Preparing cost estimates and coordinate sales and service work orders for installation of works;
- Coordinating the Departments review of all rezoning, subdivision, Development Permits, ALR exclusion and Development Variance Permit applications;
- Preparing written reports on permit applications for review and signature of the manager;
- On-going review of the Subdivision and Servicing Bylaw; preparing draft amendments of the technical requirements or procedure;
- Attending committee meetings, develop new and improved work procedures and upon receipt of approval, implement same; and other duties as assigned from time to time.
Must be a graduate of an Institute of Technology in a two-year Civil Engineering Technologist Program with a minimum of 5 years experience related to municipal engineering work and land development servicing OR an acceptable combination of training and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices, civil inspections and technical records relating to municipal engineering;
- Able to perform a variety of engineering computations and tabulations and interpret a variety of technical data and information;
- Sound knowledge of construction practices, materials, methods and equipment employed in municipal engineering work;
- Good knowledge of municipal bylaws, zoning regulations and other pertinent regulations/policies;
- Able to plan, direct and coordinate the work of subordinate staff;
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format, with sound knowledge and ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical reports;
- Able to read and interpret geo-technical and environmental assessments, and engineering drawings and plans, to identify, collect and analyze relevant data from these and other sources and to anticipate and correct for possible conflicts; and,
- Able to coordinate the application of a wide variety of provincial and municipal requirements, standards, regulations, bylaws and related criteria and to prepare and submit reports relative to their impact on subdivision or development servicing.
We offer an hourly rate of $37.09 - $43.64 and an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to visit jobs.chilliwack.com to create your on-line profile and apply today.
Competition Number: 2019-67
Closing Date: July 29, 2019 4:30 pm
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development,Engineering
Posted: July 8, 2019, 2:21 pm
Expires: July 29, 2019, 4:30 pm