BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows)
Manager, Facilities Planning
The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is defined by a culture of excellence and is highly regarded for the quality of its education and its commitment to students. Innovation, educational choice and student success is at the heart of all SD42 efforts to support the learning needs of over 15,000 students. The school district has 22 elementary schools and 6 secondary schools and is governed by the Board of Education, comprised of seven elected Trustees.
Reporting to the Director, Facilities and Maintenance, the Manager Facilities Planning will be responsible for planning, design, tendering, construction supervision, commissioning, and warranty of assigned facilities maintenance/enhancement and construction projects. The Manager’s responsibilities will include assisting the Director, Facilities and Maintenance with the development, implementation and administration of the comprehensive school district facilities plan and the annual facilities maintenance/enhancement plan.
Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Five (5) years’ work experience in experience in facilities planning with at least 3 years in a leadership role including supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage construction projects and prepare facilities plans.
- Current and comprehensive knowledge of the BC Building Code, construction contract law, public tendering practices, and insurance procedures.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate with consultants and contractors and to resolve conflicts between parties involved in construction project implementation.
- Experience with facilities planning, project management, budget preparation and budget management.
- Experience in developing business cases and detailed report writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related project management software.
This is a full-time permanent assignment. To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org This posting will remain opened until filled. The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our School District please visit: http://www.sd42.ca/our-district/
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Facilities Management/Development
Posted: July 8, 2019, 12:11 pm
Expires: August 8, 2019, 4:30 pm