BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
Senior Research Analyst$67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually
The Office of Crime Reduction – Gang Outreach (OCR-GO) works with police agencies, local governments, and communities to support evidence-based and integrated, policing related crime reduction and anti-gang initiatives to improve the safety of British Columbians. The OCR-GO defines crime reduction as actions taken to contain or reduce existing and emerging crime issues in communities across BC.
The Senior Research Analyst, manages and/or conducts complex research to analyze patterns and trends in the intersections of crime data and community and social indicators, with the intent to examine criminal trajectories and patterns of crime to inform government policy, community response and law enforcement. Results of the research will help to inform effective resource planning and aid in policy development.
Be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, criminology, social sciences or related discipline AND minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Preference may be given to a Masters degree in statistics, criminology, social sciences or related discipline.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in data analysis, conducting quantitative and qualitative research, and providing advice and recommendations; criminal justice research preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing statistical/research/evaluation projects of significant size, complexity, and importance.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience working effectively with multiple projects and assignments, both individually and on project teams (leading and participating).
- Preference may be given to experience working with stakeholders, partner agencies, and senior management.
For more information and to apply online by July 23, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/61955
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.