BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Protective Services CoordinatorJob Posting #19-010
The District of Coldstream is a progressive community of 11,300 located in the beautiful North Okanagan. Our location allows for a quality lifestyle that is second to none with quick and easy access to many amenities.
We are seeking a dedicated, experienced professional to join our team in the capacity of Protective Services Coordinator. This exempt, full-time position will be of interest to a confident professional who thrives in a busy work environment, is self-motivated and enjoys working with people. If you have a cando attitude, can build positive relationships, are experienced in leading and mentoring staff and are detailed and results oriented, then we want to hear from you!
The Protective Services Coordinator is responsible for the management, coordination, facilitation and technical support of the projects and activities related to the District’s Emergency Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Fire Inspection and Fire Investigation programs and services. The position will also provide support to the Volunteer Fire Department on all administrative and operational matters. The position is accountable to and works under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer.
The minimum qualifications include:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field supplemented by courses in fire services, occupational health and safety, emergency preparedness including risk assessment and planning and emergency management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, relevant experience in Emergency Management, Occupational Health & Safety and Volunteer Fire Services, preferably within a local government setting.
- A thorough knowledge of the Provincial Emergency Program, BC Emergency Response Management System and the Incident Command System; the roles and responsibilities of the local authority under the Emergency Program Act.
- A thorough knowledge of fire services, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the BC Fire Safety Act, the BC Fire Code, Work Safe BC regulations, and other related statutes, laws, standards and precedents applicable to the work.
The complete job description may be viewed on our website at www.coldstream.ca. This position offers a competitive salary as well as an extensive benefits package.
Please submit a covering letter and résumé by 4:00 p.m. local time on Friday, July 26, 2019 to:
Chief Administrative Officer
District of Coldstream
9901 Kalamalka Road
Coldstream, BC V1B 1L6
Location: Coldstream, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Fire & Rescue Services,Emergency Preparedness/Planning,Occupational Health & Safety
Posted: July 4, 2019, 10:28 am
Expires: July 26, 2019, 4:00 pm