BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor
The City of Penticton's Wastewater Treatment Plant is in search of a highly motivated and progressive individual for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor. The Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant (AWWTP) is an industry leading facility that protects public health and the environment by treating wastewater from residences, schools, hospitals, businesses, and industries. The Plant also accepts wastewater from both private septic systems and the OK Falls treatment plants within the neighboring Regional District area.
Reporting to the City Engineer the Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the City's Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant, which is an Advanced Biological Nutrient Removal Tertiary treatment plant. The Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor will also be responsible for operations and maintenance of the sanitary lift stations.
- Perform general and technical assignments in researching, analyzing, monitoring, and reporting within the department.
- Develop and implement department goals, objectives and priorities.
- Develop department policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Development of annual, five and ten year budgets.
- Organize the approach and response to demands and needs for construction, repair and maintenance of the City's Wastewater treatment systems, equipment and facilities.
- Analyze federal, provincial and local regulations and ensure regulatory compliance. Act as point of contact with the Ministry of Environment regarding all waste water quality issues within the City. Investigate and respond to citizen complaints.
- Coordinate efforts with other City departments, professional organizations, and outside agencies on wastewater treatment projects and programs.
- Supervise the Wastewater Treatment Plant employees, including training, employee development and daily work assignments. Includes staff and selfdevelopment, preparation and communication of work schedules.
- Continue practice of innovation/research through collaborative efforts with consulting firm and educational organizations.
- Diploma and/or Bachelors degree in Environmental Science or related field.
- Level IV certification in Wastewater Treatment in the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP).
- Seven (7) years' experience in a municipal water treatment plant environment with a minimum of three (3) years in a leadership/supervisory role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a Reclaimed Water system under the Municipal Wastewater Regulation Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
- Previous experience operating and maintaining a Biological Nutrient Removal Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Thorough understanding of all legislation, standards, and best practices pertaining to wastewater treatment operations.
- Knowledge of all equipment and processes used in wastewater treatment operations.
- Must be familiar with health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Ability to empower people and use innovative approaches in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands.
- Proficient with various software applications, including Microsoft Office and CMMS.
- A valid Class Five (5) BC Driver's Licence.
This full time permanent exempt position offers an attractive benefits, vacation and pension package. Salary will be determined based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by July 22nd, 2019.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Environmental Services,Sewer & Wastewater
Posted: July 3, 2019, 3:36 pm
Expires: July 22, 2019, 4:30 pm