BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Traffic Management Technologist (Engineering Assistant 2)
Regular Full Time
Are you looking for a job opportunity that has tremendous opportunity for growth and will make a direct impact in the community? We are currently hiring for a Traffic Management Technologist who will play a key role within our Transportation Division. Reporting to the Traffic Operations Team Lead, the Engineering Assistant 2 is an intermediate level position that performs technical work related to managing the safe and efficient flow of traffic throughout the city. Surrey has a population of over 500,000 and continues to grow by approximately 1000 per month, leading to a rewarding and challenging transportation career with opportunities for growth within the Division.
- Develop, design, and review signage and pavement marking plans and programs for all transportation modes.
- Perform field inspections, undertake technical assessments, and make recommendations related to signage and pavement marking installation, sightlines, road safety, and traffic operation, in partnership with other City staff.
- Assist in the management of projects such as the development of specifications and standard drawings for signage and pavement markings.
- Correspond and interact directly with residents regarding traffic related inquiries or concerns.
- Review the design of external Consultants capital and land development projects.
- Support the Team Lead on projects such as the implementation of the new 2018 TAC Pedestrian Crossing Guidelines, continuing to develop our speed reader board program, and developing and implementing new guidelines for playground zones.
- Completion of a two year diploma in a discipline of Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution with exposure to relevant engineering work. OR
- Completion of a one-year certificate in a discipline of Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution with 3 years engineering experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written plus a sound knowledge of urban transportation policy, regulations and legislation.
- An ability to operate computer equipment and software as applied to the work performed and proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- You must possess the ability to communicate and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including the development community, the general public, internal municipal staff and external private and government agencies.
This posting will close on July 30, 2019
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Transportation Services
Posted: June 26, 2019, 11:26 am
Expires: July 30, 2019, 4:30 pm