BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Trades Improver I - EOCP - Water Operations
Are you looking for a job opportunity that has tremendous opportunity for growth and will make a direct impact in the community? The Engineering Department is looking for Water Distribution Operator 1’s to join their team! Reporting to the Water Operations Manager, the Water Distribution Operator 1 (Trades Improver 1 EOCP) positions involve manual and skilled tasks involving considerable physical effort in performing a variety of civil and utility construction and operations and maintenance related to water systems.
- Installs water mains, services and connections.
- Assembles pipes together ensuring that tees, bends, crosses, valves and services or related fittings are properly installed.
- Installs water services using open trench, trench-less methods or a combination of both.
- Operates (open/close/flush/repair) water valves on water mains and on water services and appurtenances.
- Maintains records, log books and activity sheets, as required.
- Works with map books and construction drawings.
- Inspects and maintains fire hydrants.
- Evaluates water quality.
- Cleans and secures work area by shoveling and sweeping.
- Deals with various chemicals relating to water systems.
- Assists crew members in performing their duties.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Water Distribution 1 course.
- Experience and training in Engineering Operations maintenance and construction.
- Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy.
- EOCP Level 1 certification in good standing.
The successful applicant must have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understands and effectively carries out oral and written instructions.
- Exercises independence of judgment and initiative in performing the duties of the position.
- Understands figures and numbers, reads construction drawings and maps of underground services, utilities, etc.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, hand/power tools, and equipment used in Operations construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current Water Regulations.
This posting will close on July 30, 2019
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Water Services
Posted: June 26, 2019, 9:20 am
Expires: July 30, 2019, 4:30 pm