BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Manager, Museum and Heritage Services
Job ID: 2019196
$94,496 to $118,120 Annual Salary
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Manager, Museum and Heritage Services. This position supervises a team of professional staff responsible for the preservation, conservation, exhibition and interpretation of Richmond’s history. Examples of key work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the administration and operation of the Richmond Museum, Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site, Steveston Museum, London Heritage Farm, Steveston Tram, Minoru Chapel and the City’s artefact collection.
- Working effectively with the community, including collaborating with the Richmond Museum Society, the Steveston Historical Society, Britannia Heritage Shipyard Society, and the London Heritage Farm Society.
- Working with the Council appointed Heritage Commission and Heritage Planner to provide support and advice on heritage matters, particularly those related to City owned heritage assets.
- Working with other City departments, including: Project Development on building and restoration projects, Facilities Services on maintenance coordination, the Parks Department to provide support and advice on heritage elements within Parks and other departments as required.
- Managing a variety of special projects related to museums and heritage.
- Managing the artefact collections, including international loans and other curatorial aspects, of the Olympic Experience at the Richmond Olympic Oval.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external agencies such as Tourism Richmond, Richmond Chamber of Commerce and other museums and heritage institutions.
- Preparing and presenting reports to Council.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; however, preference would be for the candidate to hold a Master’s degree supplemented by a minimum 10 years progressive management experience. Work experience in municipal government is an asset. Experience must include strategic planning and community engagement.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
People l Innovation through Collaboration l Vision l Outstanding Results l Team
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format).
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada. The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity Employer.