BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Vancouver Island Regional Library
Vancouver Island Regional Library is looking for a Buyer to join our Purchasing Team. This position is located at our Administration Office in Nanaimo.
The Buyer is responsible for supporting the Purchaser in the delivery of procurement related services, and provides clerical and purchasing support within the purchasing department.
- First point of contact for all low value purchasing requests and contract management issues. Refers all difficult or unusual issues to the Purchaser;
- Assists with sourcing, preparation and issuing of competitive Request for Quotations;
- Oversees replenishment of Stores inventory including reordering and distribution of goods;
- Approves cleaning and office supply orders for direct shipment by vendor;
- Maintains online Shopping Cart including approval and distribution of orders placed;
- Clears all invoices for payment identifying any discrepancies that do not match Purchase Orders. Review, code, and verify goods and services including any clearances required such as WCB certificate prior to submission of invoice not cross referenced with a PO to approval authority;
- Works cooperatively with Accounts Payable regarding invoices and billing issues;
- Issue, negotiate and maintain Blanket Purchase orders;
- Assists Purchaser with in maintaining the system wide fixed asset inventory and purchasing related records;
- Compiles inventory information for annual insurance renewals;
- Receives, inspects and inventories equipment and furniture, or guides branch staff in direct shipment receipt procedures;
- Prepares regular status reports for the department;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of accounting and Microsoft Office applications. Proficient in Excel;
- Good Oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to lift and carry cartons of supplies and library materials;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and be well organized and efficient.
Required Education & Experience:
- Completion of a two-year Diploma in Business Administration, Management or similar business field;
- Successful completion of ‘Introduction to Procurement’ through PMAC Supply Maintenance Training Program, or equivalent considered an asset;
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience, which might include identifying suppliers, selecting merchandise, ensuring quality control of deliveries, purchase requisitions and resolving billing issues, preferably in the public sector.
You are required to have a valid BC Driver’s License given that there may be travel to various VIRL Branches or potential VIRL Branch locations. You will also be required to satisfactorily complete a Criminal Record Check (Working with Children & Vulnerable Adults). This position is located at our Administration Office: 6250 Hammond Bay Road Nanaimo, BC V9R 5N3
This is a CUPE Unionized position providing an hourly rate of $26.77 per hour.
Please reference the Competition No.: CUPE2019-26 in the subject line of your email when submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position closes on Friday, June 28, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position.
VIRL thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Visit us at www.virl.bc.ca for other exciting opportunities.
Your Voice. Your Library.