BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Member Care Consultant
Regular Full Time - ongoing
Program Manager, Member Care
Application Closing Date:
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Anticipated Start Date:
Number of positions available:
We are looking for a Member Care Consultant to join our amazing team!
The Richmond Olympic Oval is a breathtaking venue on the banks of the Fraser River. Located in the City of Richmond, a culturally diverse and geographically unique community centrally located on Canada's West Coast, in Metro Vancouver. The Richmond Olympic Oval is an international centre of excellence for sports, health and wellness, culture and entertainment used by members of our community and those seeking to wear the maple leaf on the international stage. Check out the video clip to learn some more about us (we think you’ll love it!)
Still Interested? Read on to see if you have what it takes to be our next Oval Team member!
This Member Care Consultant position is responsible for strategic sales planning and membership retention through providing an excellent customer experience to all members and guests of the Richmond Olympic Oval (“the Oval”) with a strong focus on the following areas: generating membership sales, resolving account maintenance matters, membership benefits package planning and administration, planning and coordinating membership promotion and member retention initiatives, and conducting departmental reporting with subsequent sales and retention performance analysis.
- Member services: Responsible for returning current member inquires, encouraging member referrals, monitoring membership renewal including member notification, sales tracking, service calls, and orientations. Responds to customer feedback in a solution-oriented manner, focusing on customer satisfaction.
- Member account maintenance: PerfectMind Power User. Responsible for member account access issues (membership pass adjustments, extensions, suspensions, etc.). Regularly audits membership database to ensure data integrity.
- Membership sales: Performs sales operations including membership registration, data entry, tracking, facility tours and price presentations.
- Reporting: Responsible for reporting and analyzing Member Care department performance statistics and revenue.
- Membership retention: Collaborates with the Member Care sales team and Marketing department to generate retention and sales plans, promotion, and events. Provides analysis of sales performance and impact. Coordinates communications and implementation strategy with Member Care Supervisor communications to ensure staff have proper education and knowledge.
- Member Care Team Development: Coordinating with Member Care Supervisor to provide pertinent information used in staff training resources and educational material used in membership sales and PerfectMind operations.
- Policies and procedures: Collaborates with Program Manager and other departments to improve the Member Care departmental policies and procedures.
Examples of work:
- Listens to client concerns with empathy and acts appropriately with an empowered and customer experience driven response. Makes decisions in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and standards established by the Oval.
- Member contact for Member Care Consultant team, including new members, expiring members, promotional members, and service calls, with the goal of new or renewed memberships.
- Audits daily memberships sold, discounts (family, corporate, sport partner, group, and other), and corporate membership company minimums, working towards consistency and standardization in accordance with Oval policy.
- Investigates, reports, and tracks member account issues in PerfectMind.
- Investigates, implements, and communicates procedures for PerfectMind and department Care membership holds, cancellations, extensions, discount adjustments, and other administrative tasks within the policies of the Oval and capabilities of PerfectMind.
- Collaborates with Program Manager to create and implement new products and membership packages. Responsible for full-cycle service including structure development in PerfectMind, promoting packaging and marketing materials to all members.
- Creates monthly and quarterly membership reports, consolidating data from numerous reports in PerfectMind. Provides Oval statistical data as needed, including residential reports, visitation data, and monitoring total active memberships.
- Collaborates with Program Manager to modify strategy to develop and retain membership base.
- Collaborates, develops, and implements communications, training, and promotional details with Member Care Consultants.
- Responds to Member Care Consultant work progress logs, offering support and advice for sales and customer service.
- Creates educational material for Member Care Consultants and staff.
- Coordinates and registers new general and corporate memberships in PerfectMind while promoting the free fitness consultation and referral program.
- Performs thorough competitive market analysis and relevant reporting.
- Develops membership appreciation events, promotions, and other membership engagement strategies, including department representative on OVALcommunity and other committees. Attends promotional events and activations during a variety evenings, weekends, and holidays throughout the year.
- Minimum post-secondary diploma/degree in Business Administration, Public Relations/Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience, preferably in a membership or service sales environment
- Motivated and self-directed sales professional that can operate within proper guidelines
- Natural affinity for the sales process from lead generation to closing the sale; ability to realize sales goals
- Must demonstrate competence in networking, target marketing to specific prospects and have advanced selling skills
- Fluent in English (required), ability to speak and/or type Mandarin/Cantonese is an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, negotiation, and management skills
- Strong business work ethic, positive attitude and professional demeanor required
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak effectively and with ease to various business and community groups
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in WordPress/HTML web-based applications
- Experience in database and facility registration software such as PerfectMind (asset)
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends
$44,051 to $55,064 (salary is based on qualifications and experience)
Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation. We offer meaningful benefits that make a difference for you and your family:
- Access to 20, 000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum
- Extended Health and Dental plan
- Health spending account
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Collaborative team environment
- Learning and development
Our workplace values are the guiding principles that are most important to us about the way that we work.
Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Customer Services,Marketing & Sales
Posted: June 14, 2019, 9:18 am
Expires: June 30, 2019, 4:30 pm