BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
June 11 - June 26, 2019
Are you outgoing, energetic and customer-oriented? Join our exceptional public service team as a Library Shelver. This is an entry level position that ensures books and other library materials are properly shelved and displayed, and that public areas of the library are tidy.
Duties include: emptying book drops and moving materials to carts; sorting books and other materials into alphabetical or numerical order; shelving and filing materials; shelf-reading to ensure materials are properly filed; and tidying shelves and study areas. This position also direct patrons to appropriate library service points for assistance.
This is a regular, part-time position working 8 hours per week: Tuesdays 5 PM to 9 PM and Saturdays 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM. These hours may be subject to change due to operational needs. Please note that employment with the Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records search. Applicants must be over 16 years of age. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12) or current high school student
- some knowledge of the library and its functions and procedures
- previous job experience in a customer service field is preferred; Library experience is a plus
- Ability to sort and file alphanumerically
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position (lift and carry books; push and pull carts of library materials; reach to place materials on library shelves; frequent standing, walking and bending).
- Experience following established procedures and working independently
- Ability to contribute positively to and work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
Compensation & Benefits Overview
+ 12% in lieu of vacation and benefits
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Library Services
Posted: June 13, 2019, 1:04 pm
Expires: June 26, 2019, 4:30 pm