BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
June 11 - 19, 2019
The City of Port Moody has a challenging position available in the Finance & Technology Department for a regular, full-time Tax Clerk. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented individual who enjoys changes in priorities, investigating and solving problems, has strong computer and analytical skills, and takes pride in providing exceptional customer service. The Tax Clerk processes and balances payments; prepares bank deposits; maintains property tax and utility records; manages the pre-authorized payment plan; and processes tax adjustments, homeowner grants, and tax deferments.
This front line customer service position will provide information and assistance to the public and staff related to property taxes and utilities, help to maintain the property tax and utility billing systems, help to maintain the property tax and utility billing systems, and reconcile, balance and maintain customer accounts and files. This position will also perform administrative duties for the department.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Cashiering, including balancing receipts to cash
- Grade 12 supplemented by administrative and computer courses plus related experience in a Finance department
- Municipal experience, particularly in Property Taxes and / or Utilities preferred
- Completion of basic accounting courses plus knowledge/experience in basic accounting functions including reconciliations and balancing) would be an asset
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and an ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Highly effective communication, teamwork and customer services skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment and multi-task while adhering to legislative deadlines
- Tempest experience would be an asset
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: June 13, 2019, 1:01 pm
Expires: June 19, 2019, 4:30 pm