BC Local Government Job Posting Service
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
The City of Delta is currently looking for a Senior Buyer to join our team of professionals in the Purchasing section of the Finance and Technology Department. Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, the Senior Buyer is responsible for senior level purchasing work in the procurement of a wide range of goods, services and construction to meet the needs of municipal departments. Duties include advising and assisting departments on purchasing matters; planning, sourcing, purchasing and ensuring delivery of a wide variety of items; and facilitating the competitive bidding process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the laws of competitive bidding, municipal purchasing policies and procedures, methods, practices, and standards.
- Ability to perform research and analysis of products, services, supplies, materials and equipment and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Ability to evaluate quality and price elements and determine suitability of goods and services.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare specifications, contracts and bid documents for a variety of products and services and to monitor and administer such contracts.
- Ability to provide assistance and advice to departments on purchasing matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Desirable qualifications include completion of Grade 12 supplemented by purchasing courses, or completion of the Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP), plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Municipal purchasing experience is an asset. Valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary ($36.45 - $43.04 per hour) based on a 40 hour work week and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number 19-112 EX by July 1, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2