BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Trades I - Utilities
JOB SUMMARY:This is semi-skilled and skilled manual and mechanical work below journeyman level involving the installation, adjustment, inspection, repair and maintenance of water, drainage and sewage pumping valves, controls equipment and metering systems. An incumbent of this class may assist a Tradesman II (Utilities) and/or a supervisor on the more complex aspects of the work and exercises some independence of action and judgement in the more familiar and less complex phases of the work. Oral and written assignments accompanied by blueprints or sketches are received from a supervisor who checks the work during progress and upon completion for workmanship and conformance with desirable standards.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools and equipment pertaining to pumps, meters, valves and controls, installation, repair, servicing and inspection.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of water supply and distribution systems.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by technical courses related to the work.
- Minimum level 1 water distribution certification with the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP).
Certification in waste water collection and/or water treatment would be an asset.
- Possession of a valid Class 3 BC Drivers Licence with air brake endorsement and a good driving record
SALARY AND HOURS OF WORK: This is a unionized position. The salary is $32.53 per hour – after successful completion of probation (January 1, 2019 rate) based on a 40 hour work week in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
NOTE: The recruitment process may consist of interview(s) and testing
Prior to applying, please visit our website for the full job description – parksville.ca
Please reply in confidence with a detailed resume by the closing date to: HR@parksville.ca
N.B. Thank you to all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
City of Parksville | 100 Jensen Avenue East | P O Box 1390, Parksville, BC V9P 2H3
Phone 250 248-6144 | Fax 250 248-6650 | www.parksville.ca