BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Clerk III (Automotive Garage Service Writer)Requisition ID: 13540
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
City of Vancouver Engineering Services is seeking a Clerk III – Automotive Garage Service Writer to provide exceptional frontend customer service. Reporting to the Manager, Regulatory Compliance, Program Implementation & Administration, the Clerk III records performance and service issues based on customer input; initiates work order including estimates for duration; prioritizes, plans and schedules work into the garage; updates and retrieves service and repair information on fleet vehicles; arranges tows for vehicles; coordinates the motor pool; and updates customers on status of work.
This position works 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM and will be based out of Manitoba Yard. Work location and shift hours may change as operationally required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates automotive services and repairs by recording performance problems and services requested. Assessing writing and interpreting field notes to identify types of vehicle construction, recognizing damage characteristics of different unit types, and recording damage and interpreting telematics information such as diagnostic codes to guide repair orders.
- Writes repair orders to detail out required work and repair codes based on service assessment.
- Coordinates the planning and scheduling of fleet maintenance, repairs and inspections and manufacturing work is scheduled into appropriate work area to ensure work is completed accurately and on-time.
- Coordinates vehicles/equipment towing to and from the garage or to and from vendors.
- Provides excellent customer service as first point of customer contact through personal communications, conflict resolution, consultations with customers and vendors, and updates on work progress. Conducts information surveys and compiles customer and vendor input, coordinates new vehicle ‘in-service’ program.
- Coordinates a small motor pool of vehicles as well as verifies warranty and service contract coverages.
- Develops repair labour estimates for vehicles/equipment by writing repair orders and maintains records through the use of industry standard software and tools such as the City’s Fleet Information Management Software package.
- Tracks work program metrics, including outlining the current state versus target and reports this information to management.
- Receives and investigates inquires related to garage operations and work requests, and then initiates action to resolve problems where feasible.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12, supplemented by technical courses.
- Certified Automotive Operations Service Writer preferred and/or 3-5 years of related experience and courses related to Automotive Operations management in either an Automotive or Heavy-Duty equipment environment.
- Experience working in an environment with different mechanical trades and manufacturing trades.
- Experience with use of a Fleet Information Management System.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrated mechanical aptitude including working knowledge of the National Safety Code, Provincial Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program, and a working knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations pertaining to maintenance and inspections of ‘High Consequence’ equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment to complete work schedules and deadlines with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and efficiently with staff and customers, including interpreting and/or determining their service needs and following up.
- Demonstrated competence in use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel
- A current and valid BC driver’s license and a safe driving record is required
- The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2019
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour. After 7:00 PM there will be an additional $1/hour.
Application Close: June 22, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration,Fleet & Driver Services/Management
Posted: June 12, 2019, 10:03 am
Expires: June 22, 2019, 11:59 pm