BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
Exhibits Officer – AuxiliaryThe exhibits officer is responsible for the recording, safekeeping and movements of exhibits taken into possession by members of the Detachment and Officers of other external agencies.
- Receives, checks, controls, maintains and ensures for the storage, security and movement of all exhibits for the Detachment.
- Lifts, sorts, arranges and stores items, as required; ensures that exhibits are maintained in the condition received.
- Maintains safe custody of the main exhibit room keys and ensures that all exhibits are safeguarded at all times.
- Assists in arranging special security for large narcotic seizures and/or exhibits of high monetary value.
- Assists in packing and shipping of drug exhibits.
- Keeps up to date with Court activity pertaining to exhibits and may give evidence in Court on continuity of exhibits.
- Responds to enquiries from internal and external sources on matters related to the work.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of files, records, ledgers and reports related to the work.
- Assists other staff in performing their duties.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by several business and computer application courses.
- Minimum of two years related clerical or warehousing experience in a police environment.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: June 12, 2019, 8:58 am
Expires: July 1, 2019, 4:30 pm