BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Ceramics Programs Instructor
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey. Auxiliary (non-union) Scope
Surrey Art Gallery is seeking an experienced Ceramic Programs Instructor. This creative and detail-oriented position is responsible for carrying out a variety of instructional and administrative duties related to developing, facilitating, and implementing recreational clay courses for youth and adults. Surrey Art Gallery is one of Canada’s most vibrant visual arts institutions, with a longstanding commitment to support the production and presentation of visual arts. Our ceramics studio has 14 electric wheels, 1 kick wheel, 3 kilns, and a number of other pieces of studio equipment.
- Challenge our ongoing youth and adult pottery students with new creative and technical processes.
- Support the learning of youth in youth-at-risk programs.
- Demonstrate skills and engage the public at offsite public engagement events.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for all students.
- Create lesson plans and instruct participants with a wide range of skill levels.
The successful applicant will have:
- post-secondary education in ceramics.
- at least two years’ teaching experience building positive, respectful, and supportive relationships with students, colleagues, and other service providers in the community (or equivalent experience).
- a strong understanding of ceramic processes and principles and be familiar with teaching a range of throwing and hand building techniques.
- working in a dynamic environment, you will utilize your knowledge and experience in art education theories and practices;
- effective problem-solving, administrative, and organizational skills.
- the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Emergency First Aid with CPR certification.
- Physical coordination and stamina necessary to carry out the duties of the role.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Arts & Cultural Services
Posted: June 10, 2019, 12:08 pm
Expires: July 1, 2019, 4:30 pm