BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Parks & Facilities Leadhand(Regular, Full-Time)
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time Parks & Facilities Leadhand. Reporting to the Manager of Parks and Facilities, the Parks & Facilities Leadhand position will be responsible for organizing and performing the day-to-day operation, maintenance and improvements required for parks, trails and facilities.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent with a certificate in a related discipline considered an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years facility operations and maintenance experience. Knowledge and experience with HVAC systems and refrigeration systems, chlorination systems, small motors, pumps and fans etc.
- Technical knowledge of facilities maintenance and janitorial practices, standards, methods, tools, equipment, and applicable safety regulations relative to and including arenas, recreation facilities, public buildings and water facilities.
- Knowledge and experience with plumbing, carpentry and painting repairs as they pertain to the maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Experience in a parks related field, such as construction, horticulture, and/or landscaping would be considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Experience with GIS would be considered an asset.
- Ability to conduct field work and produce simple reports such as recording inventory of corporate assets (GPS use).
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform heavy manual work in the presence of all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to read blueprints and plans and prepare sketches may be considered an asset.
- Valid First Aid Certificate or an ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check and holds a valid B.C. Driver's Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $33.23, Paygrade 6, with an attractive fringe benefits package. Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications quoting Competition No. 19-23E by 4:30 pm, Friday, June 21, 2019, to:
RDOS Human Resources Department
101 Martin Street Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Janitorial/Custodial Services,Facilities Maintenance,Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning
Posted: June 7, 2019, 2:14 pm
Expires: June 21, 2019, 4:30 pm