BC Local Government Job Posting Service
IT Systems Technician(Regular, Full-Time)
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time IT Systems Technician. Reporting to the Manager of Information Services, the IT Systems Technician position will be responsible for providing support with LAN switches, routers, wireless, security devices, phones (landline and mobile) and computer hardware, software and peripherals to ensure that all computer systems are fully operational.
- Post secondary diploma related to computer science, computer engineering, data communication or a related field.
- Training/certifications such as MTA, MCTS, CCENT, CCNA, may be considered an asset.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience providing information technology, network and communications support (including troubleshooting software and hardware, local area networks, and peripheral devices e.g. printers and scanners).
- Working knowledge in virtualization (HyperV) and storage area networks (SAN).
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to be courteous and diplomatic in dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to resolve operational and customer relation problems as appropriate for the situation.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and techniques with a high attention to detail.
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength to handle and move computer and related equipment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $33.23, Paygrade 6, with an attractive fringe benefits package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications quoting Competition No. 19-22E by 4:30 pm, Friday, June 21, 2019, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: June 7, 2019, 2:10 pm
Expires: June 21, 2019, 4:30 pm