BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager CybersecurityRequisition ID: 13728
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Responsible for managing and delivering citywide Cybersecurity services including development and delivery of a comprehensive cybersecurity operations program. The scope of the program is Citywide and encompasses protection of networks, systems, equipment and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. The role also provides oversight to all technology services delivered directly or indirectly to or by the City.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Application security
- Cloud security
- Information security
- Network security including SCADA and Internet of Things
- Operational security
- End User security and education
- Payment Card Industry compliance
This set of Cybersecurity practices is foundational to the delivery of secure technology services for the City.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes and provides guidance to the development and delivery of:
- Cyber gvernance & management
- Cyber risk and vendrs management
- Plicies & standards
- Training & awareness
- Provides Cybersecurity prevention services to ensure adequate security controls are implemented to support:
- Applicatin security
- Clud security
- Infrmation security
- Netwrk security including SCADA and Internet of Things
- Operatinal security
- Endpint protection
- Mbile device security
- End User security and educatin
- Payment Card Industry cmpliance
- Provides Cybersecurity detection services to ensure proactive monitoring and detection of cybersecurity threats:
- Security event mnitoring
- Security analytics
- Threat management
- Over-sight fr all cybersecurity technologies and processes in the City including those used by other areas.
- Facilitate hw various cybersecurity practices interact across roles and functions in the City
- Provides Cybersecurity corrective services to respond to cybersecurity threats and the risks they pose:
- Security event respnse, leadership and incident management
- Business cntinuity management
- Assesses and recommends emerging and current Cybersecurity technologies for use across city business units to secure and protect services delivered to citizen and staff, cost savings, financial responsibility and legal compliance.
- Contributes to the Enterprise Architecture practice for the Cybersecurity domain
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Cybersecurity team, including hiring, assigning responsibilities, performance development planning, coaching, mentoring, training and discipline up to an including termination
- Manages Cybersecurity service delivery including determining service levels
- Contributes to the development of service level agreements and operational level agreements.
- Provides strategic technical advice and consultation to business unit clients and project teams and provides assistance with the adoption of Cybersecurity technology
- Initiates and maintains contacts and builds relationships within the public and private sector Cybersecurity community.
- Contributes to Cybersecurity policy development and implementation
- Remains current with developments in Cybersecurity and recommends new approaches and application of new technology which will assist the City and clients to meet their business objectives
- Delivers educational security awareness framework for City staff; business and technical; including multi-channel approach
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as Business, Analytics, Computer Science or Engineering;
- CISSP designation
- Minimum of 8 years IT experience including 5 years proven experience in Cybersecurity, information security or related technical field and at least 3 years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of and experience in information security policy frameworks (IS0 27002, NIST 800-30, etc.)
- Experience in developing and administering a Cybersecurity or information security operational program.
- Experience in incident response practices and procedures relating to Cybersecurity
- Strong technical knowledge, understanding of a variety of technical Cybersecurity technologies, architectures, trends, solutions, practices, and familiarity with implementing these in public sector organizations
- Experience in Risk Management frameworks and their application
- Excellent in research and analytical skills to track and predict trends in Cybersecurity.
- Ability to collaborate with executives, creative teams, and solution development teams within a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team of individuals by planning, directing, and coordinating work to find ways to ensure secure delivery of technology services.
- Ability to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources.
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: planning, coordination, organization, and problem-solving skills; results-focused, team-oriented
- Excellent oral, written and presentation/facilitation skills, with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Affiliation: Senior Exempt
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2019
Application Close: June 30, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: June 7, 2019, 12:25 pm
Expires: June 30, 2019, 11:59 pm