BC Local Government Job Posting Service
West Shore RCMP Detachment
Digital Forensic Analyst - Permanent, Full-TimeINTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for employment at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police West Shore Detachment in the position of permanent, full-time, Digital Forensic Analyst.
The successful candidate will provide specialized technical support to the investigators by conducting forensic analyses of digital evidence, recovering evidence, and preparing comprehensive reports. They will review and extract digital media related to criminal cases, update and maintain equipment and provide clerical support for the General Investigations Section.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to accept or initiate and effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks;
- Ability to analyze and process information with high level of accuracy, discretion and attention to detail, while maintaining strict confidentiality;
- Ability to maintain self-control when dealing with serious and sensitive situations including graphic, personal and potentially disturbing information;
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and the policies governing the GIS’ activities;
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including the operation of applicable computer equipment, software and applications;
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A minimum two (2) year diploma in Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum three (3) years relevant experience, for example, comprehensive knowledge of personal computing hardware, cellular communications, computer networking technologies, peripherals and their operations.
- Experience with basic operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Mac OSx.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office; and proficiency with computer forensic examination software.
- Potential to be able to obtain Special Constable Status may be a requirement of the position.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance is a requirement of this position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Salary range for this full time position is $32.25-$37.97 per hour with benefits and a modified work week schedule.
Please submit your resume by noon, Friday, June 21st, 2019 by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail) or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8
2nd Floor · 877 Goldstream Avenue · Langford, BC Canada · V9B 2X8 T · 250-478-7882 F · 250-391-3437
Location: Langford, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: June 6, 2019, 1:13 pm
Expires: June 21, 2019, 12:00 pm