BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Court Liaison Officer – Auxiliary (Surrey RCMP)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Reporting to the Court Services Manager, the Officer in Charge or his designate, the Court Liaison Officer is responsible for assisting RCMP staff with a variety of complex prejudicial administrative duties and responsibilities.
- Review and assess reports, files and documents to Crown Counsel for completeness, clarity and evidentiary compliance and make recommendations, as required.
- Analyze reports on charges for validity and ensure the information is complete and prepared for presentation in court.
- Facilitate the criminal case management process, confirm the existence of outstanding warrants for arrests, and process the release of prisoners from the cellblock.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, clients, members and various other agencies.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Have completed Grade 12 supplemented by RCMP operational courses.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of operational experience in police investigation work and in court procedures, or an equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- Obtain and maintain the relevant level of security clearance throughout employment with the Surrey RCMP.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of an RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: June 6, 2019, 12:17 pm
Expires: July 8, 2019, 4:30 pm