BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Transit and Facilities Coordinator
The Comox Valley is an attractive geographic location, rich in rural agriculture, vibrant urban development, meandering coastline and dramatic mountains. There are spectacular outdoor activities available throughout the region, offering unlimited possibilities to current and prospective residents.
At the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) we work collaboratively, continually look toward the future and strive to be the change we wish to see in our communities. Our values coupled with a commitment to leadership excellence and a resolute focus on serving the residents of the Comox Valley, help to create an organizational culture that’s second to none. What we do goes beyond work, offering our employees the support to achieve and maintain a healthy balance between work and lifestyle. Working with the CVRD is a plus for everyone.
We are currently seeking a Transit and Facilities Coordinator to join our Planning and Development Services team. The Transit and Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, research, development and implementation of projects and established programs assigned in the areas of transit, fleet and facility services. This includes projects/programs related to public transit, fleet management, Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) buildings and properties.
Reporting to the Manager of Transit and Facilities, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading fleet vehicle protocol within the CVRD including maintenance scheduling and communication with appropriate service depots for all vehicles to ensure the fleet vehicle program aligns with the sustainability goals of the CVRD;
- Supporting the long-term vision and goals for fleet management, specifically conversion to alternate fuel sources;
- Researching and implementing software to maintain fleet vehicles and meet the CVRD’s sustainability goals in partnership with the IT department;
- Maintaining and overseeing minor CVRD capital projects and renovations related to the CVRD office building, transit and other CVRD facilities;
- Supporting the process of increasing functionality and improving work environments for staff to maximize the life cycle of buildings and property owned by the CVRD;
- Supporting the transit department initiatives and projects to ensure strategic goals of the CVRD Board related to transit are supported in a proactive manner;
- Working with the Procurement department to provide contributions to the Request for Proposal process and providing day-to-day oversight of contractors as required;
- Liaising with the Manager of Transit and Facilities regarding repairs or budget concerns related to transit and facilities projects;
- Liaising with regulatory agencies as well as Building Services staff to ensure Provincial Building Code compliance is secured where required.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Current in the philosophies, principles, processes and practices related to facility management, fleet vehicle protocol and maintenance standards, and sustainable principles related to fleet and facilities in the public sector;
- Well-versed in building systems, energy management, security systems and programs, HVAC control site protection systems and other ancillary services and systems;
- Team-oriented, collaborative and able to resolve conflict when required;
- Current in construction and maintenance trades, Provincial Building Codes and bylaws related to transit and facility maintenance;
- Educated in Technology, facility management or a related field at the post-secondary level equivalent to a one-year diploma with up to three years of related experience, including a minimum of one year of experience providing oversight of a consultant in a contract management context and two years of experience in fleet, facilities and/or transit support roles;
- Experienced in trades, facility maintenance and budget management with certification in project management;
- A strong researcher with excellent report writing capabilities;
- An advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite and experienced in Adobe Acrobat, Explorer and SharePoint applications.
A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license is required for this role.
This is a CUPE Local 556 position with a wage rate of $31.82 per hour.
To review the complete job description and to apply go to www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/jobs.
The closing date for this position is 3pm June 20, 2019. Applications for available positions with the CVRD must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Comox Valley Regional District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.
Location: Courtenay, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Transit/Rail Services,Fleet & Driver Services/Management,Facilities Management/Development
Posted: June 6, 2019, 10:12 am
Expires: June 20, 2019, 10:14 am