BC Local Government Job Posting Service
HR Systems and Reporting AnalystRequisition ID: 13439
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The HR Systems and Reporting Analyst works as a member of the HR Systems and Analystics team in developing and running scheduled and ad hoc reports of varying levels of complexity from various HR systems and organizing the reports and analyses in formats as required by various leadership teams. This position will be required to administer and support current systems unique to Human Resources such as the Grievance Management Systems, Electronic Action Forms, Compensation Systems, SuccessFactors and Parklane and be technical coordinator for changes to SAP. Responsibilities include business analysis to determine and communciate requirements for dynamic report and dashbord automation as well performing required testing and planning and participating in the roll-out. This position is involved in deriving, performning and ensuring the accuracy of seniority calcuations for various bargaining units. The documentation of detailed, job aid style
processes will be reuqired for both new and existing processes.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
The position reports to the Manager, HR Systems and Analytics. The position liaises with HR, Corporate IT and Payroll staff and management across the City in the normal course of business. It participates in corporate or departmental systems projects and upgrades in a variety of coordination, development, training or other support-related roles.
- Reporting and Analytics:
- Prepare detailed frmatted reports and analyses required by Corporate Management Team and managers in HR
- Respnsible for running reports in SAP, SuccessFactors and other HR systems, formatting and distributing the results on a scheduled basis or Ad hoc as needed
- Assisting with specificatins and testing of reports and dashboards that are to be set up in Business Intelligence or QlikSense
- Senirity calculations and other union related reporting
- Systems support and maintenance:
- Reviews and respnds to Help Calls related to HR systems, including in-house applications and SAP/SuccessFactors.
- Respnsible for testing of new SuccessFactors releases, changes and developments for HR Systems (includes development of acceptance criteria, scripts, log deficiencies, and retest for final user acceptance and sign-off)
- G Live and Post-Implementation Support: Coach end users in adoption and use of the application
- Ability t establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and team members to provide advice, information and assistance
- Participates in corporate or departmental systems projects in a variety of coordination, development, training or other support-related roles
- Network and Application Security:
- Approves, assigns, audits and maintains city wide security access to confidential Human Resource databases including SAP, SuccessFactors, GMS (Grievance Management System), e-SAF and e-CAF and others.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or diploma with an emphasis on Human Resources or Information Technology and three years of related experience including working with SAP Payroll and Ad Hoc Reporting for multiple forms of report extraction or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of SAP HCM modules and reporting capabilities including Payroll, Org Management and Personnel Administration
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- MS Access is an asset
- The ability to evaluate, assess, and as appropriate, implement system design requirements, standards, best practices, trends and tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to formulate requirements specifications for developers
- Proven project management and negotiation skills, capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills to resolve business issues from an analytical perspective
- Application support and administration including permissions
- Payroll or Accounting knowledge is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Enhanced Reliability Check required
Business Unit/Department: Human Resources (1020)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: July 2019
Position End Date: December 2020
Application Close: June 18, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: June 5, 2019, 11:01 am
Expires: June 18, 2019, 11:59 pm