BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Recreation Facility Maintenance Worker 2
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Department is recruiting for a Recreation Facility Maintenance Worker. This is custodial and technical work in an arena facility. While the maintenance function is the major focus of the role, interaction with the public in the provision of recreation facility services is important to the position. You will work under minimal supervision for routine matters and guidance for new or complex assignments.
- operation of refrigeration and ice-making equipment and machinery
- performance of janitorial duties and routine building maintenance
- observe, record and report on equipment and buildings
- deal tactfully and courteously with the public and practice good public relations while responding to their inquiries
- keep accurate records, including but not limited to: daily log of activities, equipment usage reports and material usage reports
- use computer applications as required
- perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of Ice Facility Operator Certificate or Power Engineer Class 5 (Refrigeration) certificate
- One year relevant experience including dealing with public in high demand situations
- Emergency First Aid Safety Oriented course (or equivalent)
- A valid BC Driver’s license
You have strong public relation skills, and building maintenance skills, as well as good knowledge and use of materials, methods, and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work and possess basic computer skills.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Janitorial/Custodial Services,Facilities Maintenance
Posted: June 4, 2019, 7:39 pm
Expires: July 4, 2019, 4:30 pm